24 Mar 2012
Transactional to Transformational: Fisher & Paykel Finance share their culture journey
When: 3.30-6.30pm Thursday 29 March 2012
Where: Blacksmith HQ
This event is now SOLD OUT! Sign up to our newsletter to stay informed about future Blacksmith Sessions.
In November 2010, Sarah O’Connor was appointed Chief HR Officer at Fisher & Paykel Finance. Having worked in senior roles within the business for over 6 years, heading up functions such as Process Improvement, Procurement and Support Services and experienced the transactional nature of HR, Sarah was determined to lift the bar and make an impact.
Today, just 16 months later, Fisher & Paykel Finance is transforming not only their culture and results, but the mindsets of Leaders in the business and how they think about Human Resources. Sarah and her team will talk you through their journey including key projects around wellness, values and people manager development.
Their results include:
- Turnover – tracking at 40% down year on year
- Absenteeism – tracking at 25% down year on year
- Engagement – 11% increase in engagement, 20% increase in participation rates in 12 months
- Understanding expectations – from 91% to 100% – increase of 9%
- Daily opportunities to perform – from 77% to 88.5% – increase of 11.5%
- Receiving regular recognition for good performance- from 48.4% to 74% – increase of 25.6%
- Encouraging development – from 64.8% to 76% – increase of 11.2%
- Regular coaching conversations – from 78.7% to 85.4% - increase of 6.7%
- Opportunities for personal development and growth – from 68% to 84.4% – increase of 16.4%
They also won the 2011 HRINZ Wellness Award and have been featured in the 2012 February issue of Employment Today.
Investment – $40 (a bargain really)
Refreshments and nibbles provided
About Blacksmith Sessions
Our Sessions are all about connecting people and ideas. Rather than just getting ‘talked at’, we like to create opportunities for action oriented conversation, connection and collaboration – think of it as a mini-workshop. Blacksmith Sessions are strictly limited to 20 people and designed to create opportunities for networking without the ‘cringe factor’. We focus on topical issues, presenting new information in a way that engages, empowers and excites you to go back into your business and have a different conversation.
Nice and easy in the Auckland City Car Park building right next to us. Entry is available from Mercury Lane.