31 May 2012
Culture & Development Consultant: Join our team!
Passionate about developing people and organisations?
Fancy being part of an agile, entrepreneurial team?
Want to make the world a better workplace?
Blacksmith is a Culture Agency. We’re a values driven business with a core purpose of making the world a better [work] place. We believe there is massive untapped potential in individuals and businesses all over New Zealand (and the world). Potential that can make individuals more successful and fulfilled; businesses more successful and sustainable; and our communities richer and stronger.
As a Blacksmith Culture & Development Consultant your primary role will be implementing and delivering the TakeON! Management Matters program within client companies. There will also be opportunity to be involved in other parts of the business such as values and purpose development, leadership and team alignment, product development and marketing initiatives to further develop the Blacksmith brand, service offerings and client base.
What does a Blacksmith Culture & Development Consultant look like? Well, you’ll have experience leading a team within a commercial environment as well as experience on the ‘other side of the desk’, consulting on topics such as culture, change, leadership and organisational development, including honing your top knotch faciliation and project management skills.
You’ll be just as comfortable working with frontline managers as you are with the Executive Team and can adapt your style to suit a range of industries and organisational cutures. With an energetic, warm and relaxed style you easily build relationships and can change it up to demonstrate your sharp, intellectual grunt when needed. You’re adaptable, naturally inquisitive and a self confessed ‘connector’ of people and ideas who’s passionate about developing people and organisations.
Ideal Skills & Experience
- Passion for developing people and an engaging coaching/facilitation style;
- 7-10 years post grad experience within HR/OD/Business Consulting field;
- Proven experience in customer facing consulting role;
- Well organised, confident, ability to work well with fun and vibrant team;
- A very high standard of written and verbal communication;
- People management experience; and
- Ability to interact professionally and develop credibility quickly within client environments.
What’s in it for you when you get the job?
- A competitive annual salary and bonus plan;
- Training and investment in furthering your development;
- Your own car park;
- The opportunity to get in on the ground floor of an exciting, growing business; and
- To work with Micah our office dog and receptionist – she rocks (and also sleeps a LOT).
If you think you’ve got the experience, knowledge and passion we need…..get in touch!
Call Paul Leacock on 974 3917 or email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org